- 2 eggs, thoroughly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 pound aged cheese
1. Combine eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and red pepper. Stir this mixture thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Put about 1/2 to 3/4 bottle of beer in a large saucepan. Add cheese immediately.
3. Cook very slowly, stirring constantly until cheese begins to thicken. Add the egg mixture.
4. Stir rapidly until it thickens to suit your taste. Serve over toast points or on saltines with thinly sliced Bermuda onion for a quick, light supper.