Clam Sauce a creamy, seasoned clam sauce served over noodles.
- 3 oz. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium celery ribs (outside peeled), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cans (6-oz.) chopped clams
- 1 quart half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt hot cooked noodles (for serving
1. In saucepan, over medium-low heat, combine butter, garlic, onion and celery; braise until tender but do not brown.
2. Add flour; mix well to make a roux. The mixture will thicken.
3. Drain clams; reserve juice.
4. In a separate saucepan, combine reserved clam juice, half and half, thyme and salt; heat to just below boiling; add to roux; cook until sauce thickens.
5. Add clams to sauce; stir gently to mix well.
6. Serve over cooked noodles.