- 2 chickens — cooked, * see note
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 cans chow mein noodles — large cans
- 5 cups gravy — ** see note
- 3 cups celery — diced
- 10 green onions — sliced
- 16 ounces pineapple chunks in juice — drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese — shredded
- 1 cup toasted almonds — slivered
- 1 1/2 cups toasted coconut
- 1 cup black olives — chopped
* Broiler-fryer chickens. Cook, skin, bone and cut into bite-sizedpieces.
** Use chicken gravy or combination of broth, chicken soup and gravy.
Heat chicken and gravy together. Place in pretty serving or
chafing dish. Place other items in a decorative fashion on buffet
table. Guests can build their own salads using these ingredients.
This can be made in advance and stored separately, ready to assemble