- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- Blend cornstarch with a little of the milk, stir into a sauce pan containing the rest of the milk, the
sugar, and the salt.
- Bring to a boil and continue cooking over medium heat until mixture becomes thick. (Stir
- Stir a cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten egg yolk.Then stir this back into the saucepan.
- Continue cooking 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate several hours.
- Arrange sliced berries evenly over top of pudding just before serving.