- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk — cold
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- 4 Tablespoons Butter — melted
- Salad Oil
- Combine flour, salt and eggs; blend well.
- Blend in milk, water and butter. Mix well.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 2 hours, allowing the flour particles to swell and soften so that the crepes are light in texture.
- Brush the bottom of a 6 or 7″ crepe pan or heavy skillet lightly with salad oil and heat pan over medium heat until just hot, not smoking.
- Pour scant 1/4 cup of batter in pan and quickly tilt pan in all directions to run batter all over bottom of pan in a thin film.
- Cook for about 1 minute. Lift edge of crepe to test for doneness.
- The crepe is ready for flipping when it can be shaken loose from the bottom of pan.
- Flip the crepe and cook for about 1/2 minute on other side; this is rarely more than a spotty brown and is used as side on which filling is placed.
- Crepes can be made in advance and stacked between layers of waxed paper to prevent them from sticking.
- Crepes can be frozen; heat them in a covered dish at 300 degrees to thaw. Yield; about 22 crepes.