- 6 lbs. rump or chuck roast
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 (14-oz.) bottle ketchup
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 3 onions
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 3 c. water
- Cut onion and celery in large pieces.
- Dump all ingredients in large roast pan.
- Bake in oven about 6 hours at 300 degrees.
- Add more liquid if necessary.
- When beef if done it should pull apart and shred easily with a fork. (It seems like there is a lot of liquid, but when you pull apart the meat it absorbs most of it).
- Serge on fresh buns that won’t fall apart easily.
- It’s really easy an d it tastes fabulous.