Hawaiian Skewers shrimp, scallop, pineapple and bell pepper kebobs basted with a barbecue and salsa sauce.
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. bay or sea scallops
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in wedges bacon slices
- 6 oz. barbecue sauce
- 16 oz. salsa
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
1. In bowl, combine sauce ingredients and blend well.
2. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes. Preheat grill.
3. When ready to serve, skewer pineapple chunks, shrimp, scallops, bell pepper wedges, and bacon slices (folded in half).
4. Baste evenly on each side with sauce; place on preheated grill.
5. Cook until shrimp are pink in color. Do not overcook or shrimp will be rubbery.
6. Serve hot with white rice.