- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs 8 oz angel hair pasta -1 uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil — for vegetables 1 teaspoon olive oil — for scallops 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley -1 divided
- 1 clove garlic — minced 1 teaspoon dried whole basil 1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz clam juice — (1 bottle) 1 lb fresh sea scallops 1 cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1. Place breadcrumbs on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 deg for 5 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain well. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup parsley and next 4 ingredients; saute 1 minute. Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add clam juice, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour over pasta; toss well. Set aside, and keep warm.
4. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat; add scallops, and saute 4 minutes or until scallops are done. Add to pasta mixture; toss gently. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1-1/4 cups).