Baked Almond Catfish
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 salt & freshly ground black pepper,; to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 lb catfish fillets
- 1 parsley sprigs and lemon wedges, fo; r garnish
1. Grind the almonds and combine with the cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
2. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the catfish and coat the fillets thoroughly with the almond mixture.
3. Place the fillets on a baking sheet and bake at 400F for 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve immediately.
NOTE: These sweet catfish fillets in a crunchy almond crust can be accompanied by rice tossed with peas and asprinkle of lemon zest.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: 358 Calories, 45 g Protein, 10 g Carbohydrate, 15 g Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 106 Mg Cholesterol, 252 mg Sodium.