Baked Gefilte Fish
- 1 lb halibut or turbot fillets, fresh; or frozen
- 1 small onion
- 1 slice bread, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
1. Defrost the fish, if frozen. Grind the fish and onion in a food processor. Add the bread, salt, pepper and egg. Mix well. Shape into 12 balls.
2. Combine the oil, onion, green pepper and tomato sauce in a baking dish. Arrange the fish balls in it, cover, and bake in a 325-degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Baste with the sauce before serving.
3. One Serving 2 Fish Balls = Calories: 189 Carbohydrates: 9 Protein: 20 Fat: 8 Sodium: 671 Potassium: 606 Cholesterol: 77