Banana Chocolate Cake
- 6 tb Butter
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 3/4 c Molasses
- 3 Eggs
- 2 1/2 c Mashed overripe bananas
- 2 3/4 c Flour
- 1 ts Baking soda
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- 1 c Chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixer. Add to the molasses and mix until combined.
2. Add the eggs, then mix in the bananas. Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt and extract until smooth, then fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Place the batter in a buttered and floured 9-inch springform mold. Bake for about 1 hour.
4. Let the cake cool on a rack, cut it in half to form 2 layers, frost with your favorite chocolate frosting and serve.