Bittersweet Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 c Butter or margarine
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Packed brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 1 c Plus 2 Tbsp unsifted flour
- 1/2 ts Baking soda
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 2/3 c Chopped walnuts or pecans
- 8 oz Ghirardelli Bittersweet chocolate
1. For food processor method, place butter (cut up), sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla into processor bowl; process about 10 seconds. (Or in a mixer, cream softened butter with same ingredients.) Stir flour with baking powder and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
2. Add nuts. Chop chocolate bars into small pieces; stir into dough. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on racks. These cookies are delicious served warm when the chocolate is still soft.
4. To reheat cookies in the microwave, process 2 or more cookies for 15 to 20 seconds.