Cathy’s mom developed this recipe a long time ago. You do need a candy thermometer. Enjoy!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butte
1. Grease an 8×8 inch square pan.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar , butter and milk. cook until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage (234-240 degrees F, 112-115 degrees C).
3. Combine the cornstarch and water, add to the saucepan and mix well. Remove from heat and beat for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the vanilla and peanut butter until thoroughly blended. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. let cool, then cut into squares and enjoy!
Original recipe yield: 1 – 8×8 inch square pan.