Like chocolate-covered toffee! Disappears like magic! Great for holiday parties, gifts!.
- 35 unsalted soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Cover cookie sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking oil spray.
Place crackers on foil in 5 x 7 inch rows.
2. Microwave butter on high for 2 minutes. Add brown sugar and stir. Microwave on high for 2 more minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
3. Pour over crackers. Bake 17 – 20 minutes (should bubble but not burn). Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot crackers.
4. Spread after 2 minutes (chips have softened). Sprinkle nuts on top.
5. Refrigerate 1 hour. Break into pieces. Can be frozen.
Original recipe yield: 2 dozen.