Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 3/4 c Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Margarine or butter,softened
- 1/2 c Shortening
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 c All purpose flour
- 1 ts Baking soda
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 c Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c Chopped nuts or shelled
1. Sunflower seeds (opt) Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, margarine and shortening; beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and egg; blend well. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Spread in ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
4. Cool completely. Cut into bars.