Chocolate Dipped Cherry Cookies
- 1/2 c Whole almonds;, chopped & divided
- 1 pk (18.25 oz) cherry-flavored cake mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 c Vegetable oil
- 2 tb Water
- 1 1/2 c Semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 ts Vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Finely chop almonds with food chopper. Reserve about 2 tablespoons almonds for garnish.
2. Combine remaining almonds, cake mix, egg, oil and water in mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. (Mixture will be dry) With small stainless steel scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto 13″ baking stone. Bake 13-15 minutes or until tops
are lightly browned.
3. Cool 2 minutes on stone; remove to non-stick cooling rack. Cool completely. Place chocolate chips and oil in covered micro-cooker. Microwave on high 2-21/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate; shake to remove excess.
4. Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.