Chocolate Ice Box Cake
- 1/2 lb German sweet chocolate
- 3 tb Boiling water
- 1 c Powdered sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 2 Beaten egg whites
- 1 pt Cream, whipped
- 3/4 Of an angel food cake (mix can be used)
1. Melt chocolate and boiling water together, remove from stove and add cup of powdered sugar and 2 egg yolks, beaten.
2. Add vanilla, egg whites beaten moderately stiff, and fold in whipped cream.
3. Break angel food cake into irregular pieces. Place half the cake bits in a pan, cover with half the chocolate custard.
4. Add remaining cake, and cover generously with remaining chocolate. Chill twelve hours, or overnight, in refrigerator.