- 1 lg head cabbage — chopped
- 1 large bell pepper
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lg chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon celery seed
1. Bring to boil, vinegar, oil, mustard seed, celery seed, salt & pepper
2. Layer cabbage, onion, green pepper, then add half the sugar on top.
Make another layer and add the rest of sugar. 3.
Pour BOILING mixture over the slaw mixture.
4. Put in a sealed container in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
DO NOT MIX! Just before serving, toss the salad.
Make the day before.