These are like the real thing, they are real good. If you want to speed up the process after dipping, put in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- 40 rectangular shortbread cookies
- 35 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Place shortbread cookies on a baking sheet or tray. In a small saucepan over mediumlow heat, melt caramels in water, stirring frequently. Spoon a thin line of caramel over each cookie. Place cookies in refrigerator until caramel is set.
2. Line baking sheets or trays with waxed paper. In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate. Dip cookies in chocolate one at a time, tapping against the side of the bowl to remove excess.
3. Place on prepared sheets and let rest at room temperature several hours, until set.
Original recipe yield: 40 bars.