Fish Saute In Coconut Milk
- 1 lb whole sea bass,
- 1 red snapper, mackerel or sim
- 1 cup rich coconut milk (see below
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet green pepper, sliced t
- 1/4 cup tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
1. Score the whole fish 3 times diagonally on each side. Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a skillet over moderate heat. Add the fish and baste for 3 minutes.
2. Then add the salt, black pepper, sweet green pepper, tomato and celery.Continue to baste for 5 minutes.
3. Simmer the fish in an uncovered skillet over low heat, turning the fish over once, for 10 minutes. Serve warm.