Marinated Salmon Danish Style
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 bunch asparagus, cooked and rough chopped
- 3 oz lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil salt and pepper to taste; salmon:
- 24 oz beer
- 5 lb salmon, filleted
- 2 oz saltpeter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup black pepper
- 2 tablespoon basil, chopped
1. Asparagus Mayonnaise: In a food processor, blend the yolks, asparagus and lemon juice. Still blending, add the olive oil and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Makes about 2 cups.
2. Salmon: place fish skin side down in a flat container. Sprinkle on saltpeter, sugar, salt, black pepper and basil. Pour beer over to cover.
3. Cover the dish and marinate the salmon for 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Drain. To serve, slice salmon very thin, place on a bed of lettuce and spoon on asparagus mayonnaise.
4. Garnish with tomato and lemon slices if desired. Makes 8 servings. From the files of Al Rice, North Pole Alaska.