Whole Wheat Pasta with Cucumber and Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 20 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut diagonally into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup red peppers, thinly sliced and 1 inch in length salt and pepper to taste
1. In a blender combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, sugar and hot water until smooth. In a pot of boiling salted water, boil the pasta until just tender; transfer to colander and rinse briefly under cold water. Drain the pasta noodles well. In a large bowl, toss noodles with peanut sauce, cucumbers, scallions and red peppers.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.