PEANUT BUTTER DROP COOKIES
- 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon. vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, unbeaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sift the flour once, then measure it.
2. Mix the soda and salt. Sift them with the flour onto waxed paper and set aside.
3. Put softened butter into mixing bowl. Add vanilla and mix it well with the butter. Mix the granulated sugar with the fat.
4. Add the brown sugar and mix until batter is smooth, creamy and fluffy.
5. Add the peanut butter to the batter and mix until well blended Break egg into small bowl then add it to batter and mix until well blended.
6. Add about 1/3 cup of the flour mixture and mix well. Add another 1/3 of flour mixture and mix well. Add remaining flour mixture and mix well. The dough should be smooth. Lift dough by teaspoon and shape into balls about size of a walnut. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Press with the back of a fork to flatten and mark each ball. Press evenly to make each cookie about 1/4 inch thick. Bake until browned about 12-15 minutes.