Peppermint Candy Brownies
- 3/4 c All-purpose flour
- 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 2 oz Unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 c Unsalted butter
- 2 lg Eggs
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Chopped nuts
- 1/2 c Coarsely crushed peppermint candy
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. Melt chocolate with butter; cool slightly. Beat eggs and sugar until light.
3. Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Fold in dry ingredients, the nuts and candy. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist, but not wet, crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Cool before cutting into squares.