- 2 1/2 pounds maine potatoes
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 8 ounces Mayonnaise — Hellmann’s Brand
- 1 stalk celery — finely chopped
- 1 medium onion — finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper — cored, seeded, chop
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper — freshly ground
- pinch cayenne pepper
- – Large pinch, plus more for granish
1) Wash the potatoes but don’t peel them. Place the potatoes in a
large pot with enough water to cover them. Heat to boiling, then
reduce the heat to a simmer.
Cook the potatoes until they are tender but not mushy, about 30 minutes.
Drain them and cool.
2) Peel the potatoes – a butter knife works well. Finely chop the
potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and beat well until blended.
The potato salad should be the consistency of a chunky puree.
Taste it and add more cayenne, salt, or pepper if necessary.
Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle lightly
with cayenne pepper.