The good-old fashioned flavor of sweet potatoes topped with sweetened pecans.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a large baking dish; set aside.
3. Prepare topping: In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and melted butter; set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and 1/2 cup melted butter; mix well; transfer to prepared casserole. Cover evenly with topping.
5. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes; allow to set for 15 minutes before serving.