- 10 ounce Pk frozen chopped Broccoli
- 14 1/2 ounce Can Tomatoes
- 15 ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 cup Chopped Grn/Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil crushed Bay leaves Clove garlic minnced Beaten Egg
- 2 cup Lo-fat Ricotta or Cottage Ch
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or substitute 1/2 t dried Oregano for 1/2 t of the dried Basil Cook noodles and broccoli separately according to their package directions; drain well. Set aside.
1. For sauce, cut up canned tomatoes. In a large saucepan stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, celery, green or sweet red pepper, basil, bay leaves, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncover, 20-25 minutes or till sauce is thick, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and 1/4 t pepper. Stir in broccoli.
3. Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 13x9x2″ baking dish. Top with half the noodles, half of the broccoli mixture, and half of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
4. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 deg F oven for 25 minutes; sprinkle with Mozzarella. Bake 5 minutes more or till heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.