Almond Joy Cookies
- 2 Squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cn Sweetened, condensed milk
- 3 c Sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 ts Vanilla extract pn Salt Almonds for garnish
1. Heat in a double boiler, 1 can sweetened condensed milk and 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate, until chocolate is melted.
2. Stir until mixture is smooth. Pour over a bowl containing 3 cup of sweetened, flaked coconut. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
3. Mix well until coconut is completed coated. Drop on a cookie sheet which is line with parchment paper, by tspfuls. Press a whole almond into the top. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Check at 8 minutes, as bottoms of cookies brown quickly. Remove from oven, cool, remove from pan.