This recipe makes an equivalent of 1 envelope of taco seasoning.
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
To prepare tacos:
1. Preheat a large skillet.
2. Brown 1 lb. ground beef; drain the fat.
3. Add Taco Seasoning and 2/3 cup water to the beef; mix thoroughly.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve taco filling with warmed taco shells or tortillas. Top with shredded lettuce, grated cheddar cheese and chopped tomato or fresh salsa.
Makes enough meat filling for 12 tacos.