- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup no-sugar added apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional) or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, stir together the jam, oil, honey, and
egg whites until well combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture, oats, wheat germ, and walnuts, if desired.
- Drop the dough by heaping Tbsp on the baking sheet, spacing the mounds 1″ apart. Bake for 17
minutes or until the cookies are set and browned.
- Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- The cookies can be frozen or stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.