Stuff on a Shingle
- 1 (2.25 ounce) jar Armour dried beef slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 10 slices sandwich bread, toasted
1. Remove beef slices from jar and separate. Rinse under warm water. Place beef on paper toweling in a single layer to drain.
2. Patdry with more paper towels. Re-stack slices and chop into bite-size pieces.
3. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, add flour and stir. Add beef, stirring to coat. Slowly add milk, stirring after each addition until mixture is smooth.
4. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until mixture begins to boil and thickens. Serve over toasted bread slices.