- 1 c Brown tepary beans; cooked
- 1/2 c Carob powder;
- 3/4 c Mild honey;
- 1/4 c Margarine; melted
- 1/2 c Flour, all-purpose;
- 1/2 c Walnuts, chopped;
- 1/2 c Raisins (optional)
- 2 Eggs; well beaten
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla essence;
- 1/2 ts Salt;
1. Butter an 8 inch square pan. Line with waxed paper and butter the paper.
2. Whirl the tepary beans in a food processor until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, mix the processed beans with rest of the ingredients.
4. Spread in prepared baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Cool, before removing from the pan. Peel off waxed paper and cut into squares.
Makes 16 2 inch squares.