Hoagies An Italian deli classic. Goes well with a deli-style salad, ice cold soda and a great video!
- 2 Hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, if desired
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 2 or 3 pepperocini peppers, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/2 small onion, sliced very thin
- 6 slices of hard salami
- 6 thin slices of cooked ham
- 4 thin slices of provolone
- 6 thin slices of tomato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried orégano, crumbled
1. Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Slice rolls in half.
2. Spread mayonnaise on the rolls.
3. Layer the lettuce, pepperocini peppers, olives, onion, salami, ham, provolone and the tomato on bottom halves of rolls.
4. In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle the dressing over and cover with the top halves of the rolls.
Makes 2 sandwiches.