Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- 1 1/4 c Sugar, divided
- 1 c All-purpose flour
- 7 ts Hershey cocoa, divided
- 2 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1/3 c Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 1/2 c Light brown sugar; packed
- 1 1/4 c Hot water
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In medium mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tbsp cocoa, baking powder and salt.
2. Blend in milk, melted butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour batter into square pan, 8 x 8 x 2″ or 9 x 9 x 2″.
3. In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tbsp cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top; do not stir. Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
4. Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish as desired.