Rich Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 c Chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 ts Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c Butter — melted
- 24 oz Cream cheese — softened
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 8 oz Sour cream
- 6 Squares semisweet chocolate melted
- 1 tb Cocoa
- 3/4 ts Cocoa
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c Whipping cream — whipped
1. Combine first 3 ingredients, mixing well. Press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan; chill. Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in sour cream, melted chocolate, cocoa, and vanilla, mix well. Gently fold in whipped cream; spoon into prepared pan.
3. Bake at 300 for 1 hour. Turn oven off; allow cheesecake to cool in oven an additional 30 minutes. Refrigerate 8 hours.
4. Remove sides of pan and garnish with additional whipped cream, chocolate curls, almonds, and cherries. Yield: 10 to 12 servings.