- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (about 2 ounces)
- 3 cups Puffed Kashi (unsweetened puffed-grain cereal)
- 2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces silken tofu, drained (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a large (15 1/4-by-10 1/4-inch) jellyroll-style pan with cooking spray.
- Spread oats and walnuts on a baking sheet with sides.
- Bake until fragrant and light golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add puffed cereal, dried apricots, flour and salt; stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, puree tofu, egg, oil, honey, vanilla and lemon zest in a food processor or blender until
smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Make a well in the center of the oat mixture; fold in the tofu mixture until combined.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake until firm in the center and golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars with a sharp knife.