Baked Banana Crumble
- 4 ripe, firm bananas, peeled
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon cold butter, in 6 pieces
1. Combine orange juice and vanilla; reserve. Slice bananas lengthwise and place cut side up in four buttered baking dishes.
2. Combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt. Add butter. Using a pastry blender or two knives, blend until mixture resembles small peas.
3. Drizzle bananas with orange juice. Spoon crumble mixture over fruit. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
4. Server warm with vanilla ice cream.