- 1 large fuji apple
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (for cooking)
- Peel and core apple; coarsely shred apple with a hand grater.
- Place in a wire mesh strainer; drain well, pressing gently with paper towels.
- Combine all ingredients except oil; stir until blended. Shape mixture into 16 patties (about 2 tablespoons each).
- Place patties on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties, in batches, about 6 minutes on each side or until browned and done.