Caramel Filled Chocolate Bars
- 1 German Chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 c Margarine, melted
- 14 oz Bag caramels
- 2/3 c Evaporated milk, divided
- 1 c Chocolate chips
- 1 c Walnuts, chopped
1. Melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk over hot water or in microwave, stirring every thirty seconds. Keep warm.
2. Mix the cake mix, margarine and 1/3 cup evaporated milk and beat well. Spread 1/2 the batter in a greased 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 6 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool about 2 minutes.
3. Spread caramel mixture over baked layer and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Stir 1/2 cup nuts into remaining 1/2 of batter and drop by half teaspoonful over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup nuts.
4. Return to oven and bake for 18 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool in pan and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares