CHERRY ANGEL ROLLS
- 1 pkg. angel food cake mix
- 1 c. chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- ½ c. flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. maraschino cherry juice
- 1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed Confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 15½ x 10½ x 1″ jelly roll pans with aluminum foil. Prepare cake following package directions.
Divide batter into lined pans. Spread evenly. Cut through batter with knife or spatula to remove large air bubbles.
2. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set. Immediately invert cakes onto towels covered in confectioner’s sugar. Remove foil carefully. Immediately roll each cake with towel, jelly roll fashion.
3. Cool completely. Fold cherries, coconut and cherry juice into CoolWhip. Unroll cakes. Spread half of the filling over each cake to edges.
4. Reroll and place, seam down, on serving platter. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate until ready to serve