- 2 cups simple syrup
- 16-oz. cans pitted bing cherries in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
1. Drain the cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup. Put the cherries through a food mill.
2. Stir in cherry syrup, lemon juice and water. Pour the mixture into the bowl of the machine and freeze.
3. Makes about 4 1/2 cups. Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in a covered jar.
Makes about 1 quart