COFFEE version 1
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 C very strong coffee liquid
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C heavy cream, whipped stiff
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
1. Mix the ingredients together in the order listed above and stir well. Freeze in a refrigerator tray until mushy or about 1 short hour. Scrape bottom and sides, and beat mixture until smooth.
2. Return to refrigerator and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Comments: I have mixed the ingredients together and just left it in a wide tupperware dish in the freezer until frozen, without the extra beating and it was just fine. This ice cream is one of my favorites.
3. It has a smooth texture and you can vary the intensity of the flavor by how strong you make the coffee.
4. Personally, I like it strong and will make the coffee by mixing 1 cup of a good quality, freshly ground coffee with 1 cup of hot water and letting it steep for a few minutes. Then I strain out the coffee grounds with cheese cloth or a coffee filter.