- 6 pork chops
- 2 medium acorn squash — unpeeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar — packed
- 3/4 teaspoon brown bouquet sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel — grated
Trim excess fat from chops. Cut each squash into 4 to 5 crosswise slices; remove seeds.
Arrange 3 chops on bottom of slow-cooking pot.
Place all squash slices on top; then another layer of remaining 3 chops.
Combine salt, butter, sugar, bouquet sauce, orange juice, and orange peel.
Spoon over chops.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until done.
Serve one or two slices of squash with each pork chop.