French Onion Soup a delicious French onion soup topped with Italian cheese over sliced French baguette.
- 3-4 medium to large onions butter
- 3 cans of beef broth
- 2 bay leaves dash of garlic powder salt and pepper, to taste Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup water French baguette
- 8 oz. bag Italian cheese blend
1. Slice the onions into rings and saute in butter in a skillet until tender.
2. Meanwhile, pour beef broth in crock pot and turn on LOW. Add bay leaves, garlic powder, salt and pepper; add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce and ¾ cup water. When the onions mixture is tender, add to crock pot.
3. Cover and cook for at least 3-5 hours on low. At this point you may want to taste the soup and see if you would like it a little weaker-if so add a little water or chicken broth. Also, at this time remove the bay leaves and discard them.
4. When ready to serve, slice bread into thin slices and toast in oven on 350 or in toaster oven until just crusty. Ladle hot broth over bread and cover with cheese, adjusting cheese to your liking. The cheese will melt and the bread will float to the top. Serve hot.