- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and creamy.
- Add to cottage cheese and dairy sour cream.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Resift flour with dry ingredients.
- Add to cottage cheese mixture.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Heat lightly buttered griddle or frying pan.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls and cook until bubbly.
- Turn and brown the other side.