African Peanut Soup
Total carbs: 57 g
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 whole garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1. In a saucepan heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook garlic, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute.
2. Add tomato paste, peanut butter, cayenne, and 1/4 cup broth and stir until smooth. Stir in remaining 3 3/4 cups broth and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
3. Simmer soup, uncovered, 10 minutes, or until oil floats to the surface, and skim oil.