Quick Clam Chowder
- 2 each potato; pared and diced
- 1 cup leek; washed and sliced or
- 1/2 cup celery; sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot; sliced
- 2 teaspoon margarine; diet
- 2 cup tomato; low sodium canned
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 each littleneck clams; rinsed
1. In 4 qt microwave casserole, combine potato, leeks or onions, celery,carrot, and margarine;cover with plastic wrap and zap on high for 6 min, until potato is softened.
2. Add tomatoes with liquid and thyme,recover with plastic wrap and zap again on high for 5 min until potato is soft and mixture is thoroughly heated.
3. Arrange clams hinge side out and cover again…Zap 3 min turn… Zap 3 min.Let stand 5 min and serve.