- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 carrots — peel, grate
- 2 celery ribs — peel, dice
- 2 Granny Smith apples — core, dice
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- salt — to taste
- black pepper — to taste
1. Core cabbage and cut in half from top downward through stem
end. Shred or slice in very thin slices. Place the cabbage in a large
bowl and toss with grated carrot, diced celery and apple.
2. In another bowl, mix oil, vinegar, sugar and caraway seeds.
Season liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Toss cabbage mixture and dressing then serve immediately or
refrigerate (covered tightly) up to 24 hours.