- 6 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion flakes — sliced
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley — chopped
- 1 eggplant — 1-inch slices
- 2 zucchini — sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley — chopped
- black pepper
* Instead of parsley for garnish, use basil or oregano (fresh) if you
prefer. Prepare vegetables before beginning recipe.
Slice onion, cut garlic into slivers or mince, chop parsley, cut
eggplant into 1-inch rounds, cut zucchini into 1/4-inch rounds, seed
and chop red pepper.
Blanch tomatoes by placing in boiling water for 10 seconds. Drain,
and when cool enough to handle, peel, seed and chop. Reserve juice from
1. Heat oil in a deep, heavy saucepan. Add onion, garlic and 1
tablespoon parsley. Saute about 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add
eggplant, zucchini and red sweet pepper and mix well.
2. Cover pan and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are
tender; about 30-35 minutes. Add tomatoes with the juice, stir well,
cover again and simmer 10 minute more.
3. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add wine vinegar and black pepper to taste. Stir well.
Place into serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley, basil or
oregano. Serve warm or at room temperature.