- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix — (1 1/4 oz.)
- 1 medium iceberg lettuce — chopped (about 8 C.)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese — (8 oz.)
- 1 can(16oz) kidney beans — rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes — diced (about 2 C.)
- 2 cans sliced black olives — (2.25oz ea);drained
- 1 bag(14.5oz) tortilla chips — (ranch); crushed
- 1 bottle(16oz) french salad dressing — (sweet&spicy)
In a medium-sized skillet, brown the ground beef with the taco seasoning
mix, stirring to break up the meat; drain and cool.
In an extra-large salad bowl, layer half of the lettuce, then half of the cheese, beans,
ground beef, tomatoes, and olives.
Repeat the layers once more, then top with crushed tortilla chips. Before serving, add the dressing and
toss well to coat. Yield: 12 servings